qr code

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

what is passion

So today in my staff meeting we all have the opportunity to say whatever is on our minds. Noone ever says anything unless absolutely necessary. One of the girls spoke up today and said her spirit has been questioning what her passion in life is. It was a little uncomfortable while I was sitting there because the rest of the staff was just sitting there not knowing what to say. Now that I have had few minutes to think about it I think it was actually a beautiful statement and really got me thinking. What is passion and what in life am I passionate about. Passion is a very strong word and in the dictionary it reads: A powerful emotion, such as love, joy, hatred, or anger. It also says as another definition of passion: Boundless enthusiasm. So I know I am passionate about my darling husband Terry he is my everything, the sweetest, most genuine person I know but what else in life can I say that about. I think back to being a kid and look around at kids now and everything in their life brings them boundless enthusiasm. When do we loose that? How can we get that back? Life is so incredibly precious and fragile and I don't think we realize that until something tragic happens then we want to turn back time and do things differently. I am going to challenge myself to think more innocently and naively(child like) and find more things in life I can be passionate about. Our life is such a gift as corny as that may sound you can't deny its truth.

No comments: