qr code

Monday, February 7, 2011

beautiful plan

Today my dear cousin had her Grandma Vera pass away. She had been struggling for years and really had gone down hill even more in the last few weeks. She was in so much pain, didn't know who she was or anyone around her was and hated having to be house and bed ridden. Her husband passed almost a year ago so she was missing him terribly as well. As I have thought about this I can't help but reflect on the last week I was able to spend with my sweet Grandma. She had parkinsons disease that inprisoned her to her recliner for the last years of her life. While I sat by her bedside her spirit literally lit the room and I knew like when you hold a newborn baby that heaven dust was in the air. My grandma raised 9 children of which 4 went on missions and all were married in the temple. She was a very hands on grandma and loved every minute of it. She got to see 3 generations of her offspring before passing and always waited with itching fingers to hold the newest addtion. She made the best homemade bread you have ever tried. She loved to crochet and I have many treasured items stitched by her beautiful long fingers. She always had a tissue in her hand or up her sleeve. The day before she passed she still had the tissue clenched so hard in her fist and I tried with all my might to get it out, which I succeeded at, then quickly returned it because that was my grandma and she would need it even in heaven i'm sure. When she did pass on there was a wave of grief then quickly a wave of relief for her knowing that she was now free from her disease. She now could chase all the heavenly babies around. She could breathe deeply and would not choke anymore. She was whole and pure again. She left a beautiful legacy and because of the plan that I have great faith in I know I will someday return to her warm embrace. I know she is watching out for me and protecting these precious babies she sent to me. I love her and miss her and feel blessed to have her blood running through my veins.

1 comment:

.mel. said...

Hey! you found me! I'm glad, because now i found you! Your sweet (about my lesson) i'm pretty sure i was all over the place & not making sense! ha. We're up for a play date anytime!!